Friday, December 31, 2010

Lessons About Life

I feared being alone, until I learned to like myself

I feared failure, until I realized that I only fail when I don’t try

I feared success, until I realized that I had to try in order to be happy with myself

I feared people’s opinions, until I learned that people would have opinions about me anyway

I feared rejection, until I learned to have faith in myself

I feared pain, until I realized that it‘s necessary for growth

I feared the truth, until I saw the ugliness in lies

I feared life, until I experienced its beauty

I feared death, until I realized that it’s not an end, but a beginning

I feared my destiny, until I realized that I had the power to change my life

I feared hate, until I saw that it was nothing more than ignorance

I feared love, until it touched my heart, making the darkness fade into endlessly
sunny days

I feared ridicule, until I learned how to laugh at myself

I feared growing old, until I realized that I gained wisdom every day

I feared the future, until I realized that life just kept getting better

I feared the past, until I realized that it could no longer hurt me

I feared the dark, until I saw the beauty of the starlight

I feared the light, until I learned that the truth would give me strength

I feared change, until I saw that even the most beautiful butterfly has to undergo metamorphosis before it could fly.


We came across this poem in the senior school bulletin board.
Something to think about as another year and a decade come to an end, or is it a new beginning?

No comments:

Post a Comment