Saturday, December 31, 2011

Made it

At the beginning of 2010, I made a resolution that I would attempt to write 100 blogs during the year. I wrote 97. So I did not quite make it. But I was pleased to have written more than I did the previous year. When 2011 arrived, I should have theoretically set a higher goal, considering past progress. However, there was a tiny voice pointing to the 3 that I did not write, emphasizing the fact that I did not make it to the goal. So I decided to target 100 again this year.

I am happy to report that this is the 100th blog this year. It has been quite an experience. Writing takes time. Introspection requires concentration. But what is hardest is paying attention to what is in front of you, being in the moment, assimilating the experience. The tough part of keeping a long term goal is also in being disciplined enough to find a fixed time each day to convert your thoughts to the written word. Although my goal did not require daily writing, I still had difficulty sitting long enough to write coherently.

I know I can write more. I can definitely write better. I can achieve any writing goal that I set my mind to. I hope to set a loftier goal for 2012.

Stay tuned.

1 comment: