Saturday, April 17, 2010

Weekly Champion Update - Week 2




It’s 14 days from the date of the Champion’s Mindset Workshop. The highlight for today was a reunion of the attendees and sharing of our progress. While it felt good to talk about what I had done, it was heartening to hear about the progress of group members. I think success of the group is linked to success of each one and when one moves forward the energy created by their movement helps to pull all of us along in their wake.

Here is my week 2 update.

What have I done this week ?

Out of my comfort zone each day – this is getting to be fun now
• I made tremendous progress on cleaning out my garage – there is almost enough room to park my car. Look at the middle and after photos (did not think to take a “before” picture)
• Took and posted more photos on my blog
• Finally reached my target of getting back to doing 10 suryanamaskars in one sitting (or standing, whichever way you look at it)
• Told more people about my blog
• Met Shobha to professionally help me sort through some emotional issues

Good things done
• Wrote blogs almost everyday
• Encouraged and facilitated activities for friends
• Hosted a high tea party for my father’s friend and his family – cooking in the afternoon when the outside temperature is 42 °C is not exactly my idea of summer fun
• Took Dad for doctor’s appointment, Aparna for painting class

“Yes” factors
• I seem to have some followers for my blog!
• Thrilled when my childhood friend shared her progress on her personal life and thanked me for my encouragement

Progress towards “THE GOAL”
• Wrote some chapter outlines (more like chapter titles) for my novel – my big goal for the year. I also told a couple of people about the plan to write.

Overall, a good second week. Hope to keep the momentum going.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ranjani, before the phone call comes through, here's a 'well done' and 'keep it up'. You are right about the group energy, reading your blog has motivated me to do some out-of- comfort-zone stuff..will report once done. The pics add great value to the blog..where's my camera?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ranjani,
    Now I have to do my weekly update! There's no respite when you are so diligent ..

    ReplyDelete