Sunday, April 4, 2010

Developing a Champion Mindset

I spent the entire weekend learning about “The Champion’s Mindset”. The brain behind this wonderful two-day program is Harimohan Paruvu, an unlikely combination of cricketer, engineer, management consultant who once worked in a bank but now is the author of two published novels. Hari certainly does not fit the bill of a suave, marketing-type guru peddling a new formula for success. But Hari is definitely a wonderful workshop facilitator with interesting insights to share with cricketing analogies to drive home the point (or is it run?) when necessary.

We were a small motley group ranging in age from 12 to … (I may have been the oldest participant, so I am not specifying the full age range here). Hari led us through multiple exercises such as identifying our strengths, and making us call our family and friends to help us further add to our strengths as per their perception of us. We had several more fun exercises to complete in class and share with the group to think out of the box and out of our comfort zone in an attempt to figure out goals which seemed impossible at first glance. But as the two days progressed not only did we acquire tools to make the dream-like goals descend to the real world but started getting the feeling that they were within reach. Learning the characteristics of true champions who stay the course and make a difference was made comprehensible to all participants. We also have homework for the next several weeks to cultivate the mindset of a champion in order to integrate it into our psyche.

For me personally, the workshop came into my life at just the right time. With the ideas that were introduced and the support of the group, I have made a plan to achieve a goal which I had verbalized, even to myself, only recently. I hope to achieve it within a year. What surprised me was the discovery that I had many more talents and skills which I could leverage to enhance not just personal satisfaction but also make a difference to the world. At the end of the day, becoming a champion is not about imitating someone else but recognizing and striving to be the best "you", 100% of the time.

I whole-heartedly recommend this “Champion” workshop to all those who have a goal but lack the conviction and confidence of the champion to pursue it.

For more information click on the link below:

http://harimohanparuvu.blogspot.com/2010/03/champions-mindset.html

1 comment:

  1. Hey Ranjani, Thanks for the wonderful review...gives me a lot more encouragement to go out and do more of this workshop...
    Am now looking out for the review on 'The Men Within' on your blog

    ReplyDelete