Saturday, March 12, 2011

Holiday at home

About 6 weeks ago, I thought I would spend this week (second week of March) in Singapore. Aparna had a break from school, the weather would be bearable, the tourist rush would not have begun. It was just a matter of getting all the arrangements made - visa, tickets, hotels etc. But I just could not gather enough energy to plan this holiday. Perhaps it was the cumulative effect of multiple business trips in the first few weeks of the year. I was exhausted and traveling itself seemed like too much effort. So I decided that I needed a break, but wanted to just stay home.

So this is what we did this last week - read books, watched movies, went for a laid back lunch at Novotel, took afternoon naps, played badminton, made gulab jamuns, gorged on chaat and ice cream, went for evening walks. I spent some time each morning sipping a refreshing cup of tea enjoying the morning breeze on my balcony. I did have a list of things to do but was not to crazy to strike everything off the list.

Most importantly, I spent time with Aparna. It was a good holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment