Friday, August 6, 2010

Inspired Action

It seems really hot these days. I know that the hot summer days are long gone and the pleasant monsoon season is upon us in Hyderabad. As everyone around me reminded me that May 2010 was one of the hottest summers recorded in the last 20 years, I was glad to have escaped and enjoyed a relaxing American holiday. But now the holidays are distant blurs on the short-term horizon that is dotted with deadlines and deliverables, tasks and projects.

Work is getting hectic as I tackle the pending projects and respond to new ones that have sprung out of nowhere. Struggling with a strategy to go with the vision that I have created for the company involves growth on many fronts. I am finally willing to think of a bigger canvas for my company that involves openness to hiring the necessary resources.

Home will be moving soon and there are a hundred decisions to make right from kitchens to curtains, mirrors to geysers and all the rest. The common theme amongst all this in addition to expansion, is the need for finances.
And what a heady combination all this makes – I have jumped onto a hotplate after the relaxing vacation and all I can do is try to balance on tiptoes, trying to get everything done, all at once, without falling flat. It is so exciting, I can hardly sleep at night, my mind is buzzing with ideas, action items and to-do lists. I love it.

A lot of latent dreams seem to be taking concrete shape, in a complementary manner, moving towards the destined goal. My actions, though necessary, seem inconsequential in the grand scheme of things. There is an energy above and around me that seems to be churning up a whirlwind of motion. Is this what is called inspired action?

No comments:

Post a Comment