Saturday, December 1, 2012

A Poem - Glow

It was an evening like any other. I was in Bangalore, on a business trip, stuck in rush hour traffic atop a flyover. Twilight was deepening, cars were honking, people everywhere moving at great speed. I had the luxury of sitting in the back seat of a taxi, leisurely observing the chaos. As I turned to my left, that is when I saw something that took my breath away. A moon in all its glory. In the hazy sky, full of magic and the words came unbidden to me.

The moon is beautiful tonight.
Large and low.
Almost within reach.
Like some elusive happiness
that had always seemed too far to be mine.

The moon seems to have wandered.
Far from its moorings.
In unfamiliar territory.
A little lost, like me.

Is it possible?
To glow with promises still to be fulfilled?
To rejoice while still in transit?
For a journey with an undefined destination.

The light within shows,
to those who care to look
Shines clearly even in the haze
of everyday life.


1 comment: