Sunday, January 16, 2011

Defining success

Last week I found myself watching TV in the morning - something I rarely do. I happened to watch an interview on Doordarshan where an expert on Vedanta talking about personal excellence. Success is what anticipated as a result of pursuing excellence. And of course, the success is measured in material terms.

I want to share a quote by Viktor Frankl, which appealed to me.

"Success is an unintended side effect of one's dedication to a cause greater than oneself."

Sometime I am confused while setting goals or figuring out if I should make commitments that take up time but are not financially rewarding. All actions cannot advance material gains but when you do something for a higher purpose, the actions are great leaps that increase your value, not in terms of money but in self-worth.

No comments:

Post a Comment